These eight books are assigned in the Uncle Sam and You curriculum to give your child a richer perspective on the various topics studied.
- Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman (Units 5-6)
- A Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt by C. Coco De Young (Units 10-11)
- Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry (Units 12-14)
- Basher Five-Two by Scott O'Grady (Units 16-17)
- Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry (Units 18-19)
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Units 22-24)
- The Wright Brothers: How They Invented the Airplane by Russell Freedman (Units 25-26)
- Lost on a Mountain in Maine by Donn Fendler (Units 29-30)
See the Notes for Parents on the Literature Selections on pages vi-vii of the "Introduction to the Curriculum" in Part 1.
Your Dynamic Snippet will be displayed here... This message is displayed because youy did not provide both a filter and a template to use.